Saturday, August 9, 2008

CHALLENGING WEEK

Hi Everyone, yes I am still here. I know I am getting behind on posting, been a busy week at work... :( ... This week was depressing for me until I reminded myself what is important at this stage of my life.

The week started out with my finding out I was eliminated from a list of applicants for a new position I was seeking. The position I applied for is one that I hold all the qualifications for and also have experience in the field. I was knocked off the list of candidates due to a technicality involving time in grade requirements for federal employees. What a bummer! Then to top things off, I find out the likely candidate has none of the other qualifications, and no experience, but he meets the time in grade requirements. Wow, sounds like the system is broken! On top of all that I was given a project that involves a lot of work skills (use of Autocad and PrimeVera software) that is not usually required of someone in my paygrade! Does it sound like I am tired of working?

I started letting these events depress me, then I was reminded, my career is reaching the end. My purpose in life is changing. I no longer have to climb the corruption ladder, oops I mean corporate ladder, in order to provide for my family. I am ready for the next phase in my life, which I am hoping is to travel this great country. :) ... I am soooo ready.

Well that is enough of my griping and complaining about me. I think I will reflect on the happier times, like the time Cheryl and I spent at Shady Pines RV park in Texarkana. They have a little pond for fishing at the park and we had a ball hauling in the "panfry" size fish. :)









THIS WAS BEFORE I GOT MY STABLE TABLECLOTH!!


4 comments:

Speedy said...

Don it is so funny that you should mention about your possition you were eliminated from. The same thing has happened to me a few years ago and my sister in law just this week. We are all at that age that we have become non desirables. You know your too old to invest any time and money in. Hey pal it happens to all of us. Lets retire.

Speedy

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Hi Don, Missing that position is probably a blessing in disguise. It might have taken up too much of your time and thoughts, which should be centered on getting ready to Full Time ? Time goes by so fast, and there are so many beautiful sights out waiting for you to see. And Rvers to meet.

I wish I could have Full Timed longer when I was younger, but my husband got sick. You never know what is around the corner.

Do it while you can. Happy Trails, Penny, TX

Jesse, Ginger, Bayer, Buddy, and Mr. B said...

It's time Don! Pack up your table cloths and hit the road. Hope to see you down that road sometime. jesse

Jenny Johnson said...

Hey Don and Cheryl!!
Don't feel bad about missing that position you wanted. I'd say it was a blessing. Look where that person is going to be. With no experience and unqualified for the position - He is going to have to work extra hard just to keep up and he is sure to be stressed out. Down the roade he may even be relieved of his position. Look where you will be - you'll be out fishing--you already know how you won't even have to learn. There's no stress to fishing - and you won't have to wory about being replaced by another fisherman - that is unless Cheryl takes your pole away. No worries.
When God closes a door he opens a window.

Jenny J

PS let me know which lake you'll be on.