Monday, December 15, 2008

ENDEAVOR VISITS

Hi Everyone. Once again I have been remiss in posting and this time there were things happening outside my everyday routine! :) Not only did I get to work with excel spreadsheets and other exciting things, but the space shuttle Endeavor came to Barksdale AFB for a rest stop on it's way back home. :) Here it is coming in for a landing (riding piggyback of course):

From SPACE SHUTTLE


Here she is again, making her way to a parking spot. I wonder if the pilot will have as hard a time finding one as we do at Walmart during Christmas shopping season? :)

From SPACE SHUTTLE


Let's zoom in for a closer look, hmmmmm... looks like she needs a wash job after the trip. Anyone know if there is a Blue Beacon Truck Wash around here? :)

From SPACE SHUTTLE

I picked up my grandson to come over and look at the space shuttle and he wanted to see it take off. He thought it would be cool to see it rise off the back of the 747 that was carrying it!! He is 7 years old, I am a little older and I was thinking the same thing! :)

Cheryl has been busy shopping in all her spare time. Noticed I didn't say Cheryl and Don.. :) Normally we are inseperable, however I do have my limits :)

That is about all the excitement I can stand in one post, so until next time:


MERRY CHRISTMAS

AND MAY GOD BLESS US EACH AND EVERYONE....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How neat to see the shuttle up close and personal! My grandsons would have loved that opportunity. So would I!
Leslie

Speedy said...

That is too cool Don! I am just now getting around to reading your blog. I have been so behind since I took the DSL down and hooked it up wrong...I have no business touching this stuff...LOL Good to see you the other night on chat... reminded me of old times when we all first started chatting in the morning..remember??

Joe and Sherri