Sunday, March 14, 2010

STILL ALIVE AND KICKING


Yes I am still alive and kicking. Although it seems that my job has kidnapped me and taken over all aspects of my life!! I aim to take my life back and put the job back into the proper level of importance it belongs (low). The job is only a means to an end for me. I need another good year in order to reach some financial goals and then it is time to gather what I need for the next phase of my life (a fulltiming RV!)

Cheryl and I finally got to take another break, it was our anniversary. We had made reservations to spend a few days at Hickory Creek COE campground to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We arrived on Saturday morning (6 March) and after setting up the "not so long trailer"; I began to check out the RVs around us. I noticed a Carri-lite fifth wheel just across the way that looked familiar. I told Cheryl I thought that might be Joe (speedy) and his better half. I called Joe to find out his location, lo and behold he was my neighbor. It was kind of funny, he asked me where I was and I told him to look out his bay windowSmiley Faces.

We got to spend some time with our friends, which we enjoyed very much. It seems we have a lot in common, including relationships with our kids and grandkids! It would seem that all RVers have a lot in common. Anyway the conversations were good, the company was great and we hope to do it again soon.

It was also suggested during this visit that I should consider resuming my blog. I had all but given up on writing due to a lack of time and the fact that all I ever had to write about was working long hours. I am going to try to make time every week toand write about where we are in our quest to become fulltimers. I may only be writing to one reader that hasn't given up on me, but I will endeavor to write anyway. It is hard because I am the shy type Smiley Faces.

Until next time God bless us all.............

8 comments:

All Because Two People Fell In Love said...

Don,

First off glad to see that you posted again. Secondly, I believe you'll be writing for more people than just one. I look forward to reading about your and Cheryl's quest for a fulltiming rig. I'll tell you something that I would have never believed. However, being out here in the southwest I have seen couples fulltiming in a lot of travel trailers. I'm not talking about just a few but over a hundred couples. They all got what they wanted but they all just wanted to get out and travel before something happened to one are the other. Take care and hope to see y'all down the road somewhere.

Rollie & Gina

squawmama said...

Awwwww... Don't be shy! You're going to become a part of a very special community that stands together. So you are still on my favorites list & I will read whatever you post waiting for the day you join us on the road of full timing. If your still with Joe tell him Donna aka Squawmama says "HI". Have fun & travel safe!
Keep your eye on the prize!!!
Donna

KarenInTheWoods said...

Well,
you just keep on posting and
we will keep on reading!

LOL ... thanks for coming back!

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Thanks so much for posting! We've really missed ya. Even if it's once a week it's worth knowing you're still on the path of full timing. What a life! We're on our first week of traveling and there's nothing like it. Hurry and get out here too.

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Hi Doncat,
We are still out here.
So don't forget to write, when you feel like it, that is.
Happy Trails, Penny, TX

JB said...

Hey Don as you can see by now there are more than a few people reading your blog, heck it even crosses borders. I know what you mean though, who wants to hear that I worked another long day, but every once in a while something comes up that is worth sharing. Keep it up.

Tom and Marci said...

Glad to see a post from you, although I can totally relate to how the time gets away from you, and how it's hard to find interesting things to write about.

Keep up the blog, though, we like keeping up with you!

Tom & Marci

Debbie Goode said...

I'm still here and still reading...glad you are back!